Many of us spend a majority of our time at work, where it can be really easy to slack off and forget about fitness and health. Follow these tips to inject a little wellness into your work life.
- We have all hear it a million times - TAKE THE STAIRS!
- Keep a jug of water at your desk/workspace. Fill it up in the morning or beginning of your shift and try to finish by the end of the work day.
- If you drink your coffee with cream, switch to 2% milk. Try to limit yourself to two cups per day, once in the morning and once after lunch. Substitute plain water or sparkling flavoured water.
- AVOID SODA POP!
- Keep healthy snacks such as fruit, veggies, whole-grain crackers, and almonds at your workspace, and snack frequently during the day. Keep the portion sizes small. Prepare snacksa t night so they are ready to grab on the way out in the morning.
- EAT BREAKFAST!
- Check your posture and stretch periodically.
- Go for a walk on your lunch break. Even 15 minutes will help.
- Have a cute/funny photo of a special person or pet posted by your workspace. If you are feeling frustrated, look at the photo - chances are you will smile.